Sunday, July 3, 2011

No Chicken Noodle Soup

The jar of Better than Bouillon No Chicken Base I bought at my sister Emily's recommendation has already proven invaluable.

I was all set to improvise a lenten noodle soup with it, only to discover the recipe on the label.

I didn't follow it exactly, but it turned out to be absolutely delicious.  Here's my version.

NO CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
makes about 10 servings
8 c boiling water combined with 3 T No Chicken Base
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 c frozen peas
1 block firm tofu, drained and cubed (I promise it's good.  Just give it a chance.)
about 3 c dry no-yolk ribbon noodles
generous shake of dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Combine stock, carrot, and celery in large pot and simmer until vegetables are soft.  Add peas, noodles, tofu, and seasoning.  Cook until noodles are soft (about 10 mins).  Serve & enjoy!

No comments: