Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Yarn along: nearly there...


So close I can taste it...
I finally sat down and figured out how to merge the two sets of instructions for this hybrid sweater.  It was as simple as decreasing only until the numbers matched up, then knitting straight.  I am so into shaping right now.  Creating the saddle shoulders was a pleasure.  I just have to finish up the last little bit of the front, then sew it all together and add the neckband.
The Help is a seriously well-done audiobook.  I was apprehensive when I saw a cast of readers, assuming it was a dramatization.  It turns out the book is divided into sections and each one is from the point of view of one of the characters.  The actors are all impeccable.  It's one of those books that I am going to miss when I finally finish it.  Just like this sweater.

5 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

What an interesting sweater pattern and one I bet that has been a joy to knit. I have not
knit a saddle shoulder, but really would like to learn.
Have fun.

elizabeth said...

very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Loved that book!

Wow, that's interesting that there are different people reading. It makes sense since the story is told in three different perspectives.

Lori ann said...

your sweater looks amazing, love the soft greys. i would love to hear the help, i loved the book!

Angela said...

Congrats on being in the home stretch! That will be such a handsome sweater when you're finished.