Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yarn Along: All Buttoned Up

This week, I powered through both A Dance with Dragons and the problematic part of the little tweedy sweater. In the end it was completely obvious and I have no idea why it took me so long to execute it properly.  
When you have to throw your knitting down constantly, keeping track of exactly where you are in the pattern can be almost impossible.  I've gotten so much better at reading my knitting in general, but sometimes I just have to admit that a certain pattern needs a little more attention.  I started marking each row off with a pen, which I haven't done in a while, and it definitely helped me get out of the rut.  These tiny brass coils pins that I found at ImagiKnit in San Francisco have been great for marking increases and decreases so I can tell at a glance how many I've done.  Now I just have to figure out how to keep track of all my DPNs
This week I got a chance to pick out buttons for both this sweater and another that I made for this baby.  I'm not completely convinced that these little leather ones will be very practical, but they were the best I could find. I'll take a look through my button jar to be sure before I sew them on. 

6 comments:

steph said...

and I love your leather pouch!!!!!

elizabeth said...

very cute sweater, the one in blue! glad you are figuring out ways to make it work when constantly on the go!

Sarah said...

Really cute!! Love the colors in your tweedy yarn!

willfulmina said...

Thanks! It's from the Fringe Supply Co. http://www.fringesupplyco.com

Danna said...

Yes! Wonderful pouch! Isn't it funny when we get worked up about something that turns out fine! ;) Beautiful!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Such a great idea to put pins to mark the decreases. I have had issues with my (long forgotten) Nord - and it is so hard to count right sometimes!