Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Yarn Along: dwindling

I finished the body of Lucy's pickled beets cardigan and wove in the ends, even though I still have to knit the second sleeve.  Lucy brought the scraps of yarn outside and sprinkled them around for the birds to use in their nests.  She wore this sad much mended cardigan outside that has somehow both stretched out and shrunken in the two hard years of use since I made it.  I want so badly for her to wear this new one that I don't mind wrestling with it a little longer.  In the meantime, let the quest for the perfect buttons begin.

Middlemarch has been keeping me occupied.  It has so many amusing moments.  George Elliot is a master of human nature. I'm on Chapter 37 (of 86) and already started pinching what's left and wondering how long it'll last, as though it's my final ball of yarn.

9 comments:

elizabeth said...

oh that sweater is looking SO PRETTY!!! how lovely... :)))) sounds like a great book too...maybe sometime I will listen to it :)

Zauberflink said...

Lovely and very happy cardigan - what a fabulous idea to give some of it to the birds for extra special nests :-)

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Lucy's sweater is so pretty and how fun to look for the perfect buttons, at least to me it is.
I too take scrap yarn outside for the birds and once even spied some in a nest.

Donna said...

I love Lucy's sweater! Such a sweet pattern. And the color you chose is so perfect for Spring.

Lydia said...

Gorgeous pattern and yarn! I love this.

Sarah said...

I love your sweater, it is beautiful! Middlemarch is on my list to read too!

A Little Blue Dragonfly said...

So, so beautiful! Love that red! :)

CathieJ said...

I love the yarn in that adorable cardigan.

pippasmum said...

I love the texture in the yoke of your cardigan. So lovely!