Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Yarn Along: scrambling


I'm frantically trying to finish the back of the Trane Vest, even as I type this.  I've got the work in my lap at all times, just in case I have a second to snatch up the needles and add a stitch or two.  I even brought it on our walk to the library yesterday, where it sat in the basket of the stroller, untouched.  I bet I could knit while walking, if I didn't have a stroller to push and two littles to wrangle.  Why all the harried knitting?  The deadline is today and I still need to knit a couple more inches, block all of the pieces, knit the button band and bottom ribbing, sew on buttons, and get modeled photographs.  I realize that is utterly impossible, but I'll try my darnedest.
Meanwhile, I am reading one chapter of Knitting Yarns each night.  I checked Silas Marner out of the library the other day, but want to hold off on beginning it until after we finish watching the Middlemarch miniseries.  It exceeded my expectations so much that I impulsively ordered it online when the library copy malfunctioned halfway through the series.  I just couldn't wait for yet another interlibrary loan to go through.  I have a feeling it will be something I return to again and again.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

nice! all the best with your goal!!! I am in need of some good DVD watching sometime soon... meanwhile my chromebook has no DVD player and my laptop is malfuncting on the DVD end of things... but one thing at a time! sounds like a good buy!

Sarah said...

I've heard such good things about middlemarch that I've thought about reading it too- I should put it on my library list! I hope your vest flies off the needles!

Donna said...

You may be scrambling but you are dedicated so I know you meet that deadline!

Heather said...

I love Middlemarch! In fact I might need to go re-watch it since you mentioned it today :-) Good luck finishing up your knitting!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, absolutely. :) We're here cheering you on!

Unknown said...

Good luck finishing before your deadline! You can do it! And, I'm sure you could knit while walking if you weren't wrangling.

Lucy Bowen said...

Good luck for finishing. I take my knitting on various excursions, only to bring it back again untouched.