Wednesday, March 9, 2011

San Francisco

I knit this beret up this weekend out of memento yarn from my August trip to SF to meet Pete’s family. We got to go to a Giants game, so of course I kept my eye out for something orange when we made it to Imaginknit, the SF yarn store I'd heard so much about.

This madeline tosh vintage was different somehow--coppery with that irregular kettle-dyed look that I love so much. And its name--Saffron--just did it for me. It was a joy to work with--worth every penny, especially for a one-skein project like this Star Crossed Slouchy Beret. The rambling cables reminded me of the steep streets of San Francisco.

I even have a small ball left to work into my crocheted hexagon blanket eventually:

Knitting this beret kept me happy on the long trip back and forth to upstate NY. Halfway through, I discovered how to cable without a cable needle, thanks to grumperina. So I am now obsessed with cables. And berets! I just cast on a red version...

No comments: