Tuesday, March 1, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things


In the midst of writing thank you notes, I can't help but share a couple of the multitude of beautiful presents we received. I'll try to get photos of more as we find places for them in our little home.

In the category of Gifts Most Likely to be Saved in the Event of a Fire, we have, tied for first place, wedding icons of Christ and the Theotokos.
Pete's parents enlisted the iconographer Fr. Paul Drozdowski to make these wedding icons especially for us.

On our wedding day, my lovely niece and nephew carried them into the church in lieu of the more common flower petals and ring-bearer pillow. The cloths are heirlooms in Pete's family. His grandmother embroidered them by hand.
At the moment, they're propped up on our dresser in our makeshift icon corner. I can't wait to find them a more permanent place in our home.

No comments: