Tuesday, January 27, 2015

accessories

It's so easy to get rid of the lone earrings that have been on their own for years, the rings that don't fit, or the broken bangles. But I found it a bit harder to say goodbye to my college jewelry. The artsy, interesting earrings, the chunky necklaces I loved to wear with button-downs.  I said goodbye to an era, a version of myself.  I've outgrown that stuff and hadn't worn it in years, but it still felt strange to bag it all up for the thrift shop. 
One bit of college jewelry stayed behind though--my green jade ring, which I bought at a street fair the day I met Pete. I told him about it after we had been dating for a while. He snuck it out of my jewelry box one night and on a whim used it to propose.  It's too tight now, but gives me a little glow whenever I see it. One day I'll let Lucy have it. 

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

the story of the ring is just lovely. as is that picture! :)

MamaBirdEmma said...

I love the earrings that you chose to keep!