Saturday, March 10, 2012

improvisew

 I've just whipped up a couple of velcro pouches out of my one year anniversary fabric.  There will be matching changing pads in a few moments.
 Though I was inspired by the book's version, I wound up going about these in a completely different way.  I lined them because...well, why not? 
I must admit that my sewing is only ever approximate,  because measuring extensively and following convoluted directions is beyond me at this point.  Also I willfully refuse to iron things, unless the spirit moves me.  But I did prewash the fabric.  So far things have miraculously turned out just fine in spite of my petulance, but I keep waiting for an utter tragedy to befall my sewing as a result...

2 comments:

Martha said...

I agree with you, I don't like to measure, just eyeball it...and ironing, oh my...no! Did you just use cotton fabric or the oil cloth?

willfulmina said...

The lining is cotton and the outside is a kind of canvas-y material. I think it's called cotton duck, but that sounds wrong...