Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yarn Along: Ina May

My sister Juliana started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth after I asked her to be with me when I have the baby.  She showed it to me when Anna and I visited her in Albany.  We read various birth stories aloud from it, and I was struck by how empowering and beautiful many of them were.  I didn't want to wait until she finished it to read it myself, so I requested it through interlibrary loan.  I have so enjoyed each description of birth.  I snatch moments to read them throughout the day, just as I add a few stitches here and there to my kicking bag.

3 comments:

Nadja said...

Loved that book! I read it with my last two babies, and kept it on my bedside.

Mama Shara said...

I have that book too! so helpful for both my beautiful births! her guide to breastfeeding is also worth reading! best wishes

Lori ann said...

your kicking bag is so cute. and ina may. sigh. i bought spiritual midwifery 32 years ago, while pregnant with my first child. my homebirths were because of ina may and i still have the book, in terribly poor, but well loved and well read condition. such an exciting time for you!