Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1

Today I kicked off Me-Made-May with my trusty Alabama Chanin swing skirt, made from my dad's old t-shirts, which I jazzed up with circle spiral appliqué and bugle beads.  It's a workhorse, which I wear at least once a week.  If I make another one, I might lengthen it a tad and try to finagle a way to bring the waistband up a bit higher.
 Lucy rocked a dress I finished a long time ago, which only just now has started to fit.  I spun the yarn, knitted it into a bodice, and sewed on the corduroy skirt.  It sure is wonky, but she loves wearing it.
 Sebastian needed this cozy sweater in the chilly overcast morning, though I tugged it off when the sun came out.
Even Peter got in on the action and wore his new vest.  He wears it every day, so it looks like we're going to be in good shape this month.

2 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

Awesome pics! I can't wait for daily posts from you!

elizabeth said...

so cute!!! you are all so lovely and the L and S pix are adorable and your beloved wonderful! and that is a cute skirt! I want daily pix posts for sure!! :) <3