When I finally shed them, my handspun sweater and a thrifted woolen Pendleton skirt made the parting easier to bear. When I found it, this skirt was a size or two too small, but for under $10 I just couldn't pass it up. I took the waistband off and expanded it by taking out the stitching holding down one or two of the pleats. They opened up and gave me just enough wiggle room. Then I hand sewed ribbon over the top to finish it nicely. I've done this little surgery on several Pendleton skirts. I wear them nearly every day in the winter.his vest, and Sebastian's leggings and bib were made slightly more interesting by the addition of some adocado, as Lucy would call it.