Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Yarn Along:

I've gotten back into both Outlander and knitting this week. This bright little hat is almost finished. As I hit the decreases, I started to mull over what should come next. Since I'm traveling, I wanted to be sure to bring enough yarn along. Naturally that meant winding my skein of Empire, which weighs in at a solid 1.7 lbs, a perfectly rational amount of yarn to lug along on a week-long trip.  It'll become a Ramona sweater, if I can monkey with the gauge a tiny bit to achieve an in-between size. Peter and I were crunching the numbers before I left. Math is so much more urgent and fascinating when it's about knitting.  Suddenly I want to know the right way to figure things out and am not content to let him just give me the answer. It feels good to flex those muscles again. 

7 comments:

steph said...

ahhh, math with a purpose. I would have really loved the subject if they had just applied it to knitting way back when!!!! :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

pretty colour of yarn there. I am at a point where just understanding a pattern is an achievement!! Never mind figuring out the math in it. LOL Have a good week.

mamasmercantile said...

You can't beat a bit of maths when it is combined to a craft project. Have a great trip.

Jordanna— The House of Muses said...

A perfectly respectable weight. Beautiful colour, good luck! :)

Lucy Bowen said...

Gorgeous colour yarn and that is a fine amount for a week!

CathieJ said...

Great yarn. I am looking forward to seeing it become something.

Iris said...

Really pretty colour!

Isn't it funny how a surge in knitting often goes together with a renewed interest in a good television series? I got loads of knitting done when we were watching House of Cards. ;)

Got to try Outlander - I've heard good things about it...