Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18

 Same old duds around here.  In this photo, we are both wearing something upcycled.  My trusty circle spiral skirt and his plaid shorts each started out as men's shirts.
For anyone interested in working with salvaged fabrics, I highly recommend the Alabama Stitch Book.  It includes instructions for cutting apart thrifted shirts to get the maximum amount of useable fabric. I'm planning on breaking down a bunch of my dad's old shirts for another one of these skirts in the near future.  The fabric still has so much life in it.

3 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

You all look so happy! Where is the baby wrap from?

elizabeth said...

very cute!! love that expressive hat!! :) and your beautiful baby :)

willfulmina said...

It was a Mother's Day gift! I found it used on a Facebook of all places. It's made from wild silk and cotton, so it's perfect for summer.